Things Only Shopping Addicts Understand
There’s nobody easier to sympathize with than a shopaholic. It’s hard to be a broke college student and obsessed with all things retail. If you relate to any of the following, you’re more than likely an addict yourself. That’s okay, though — let’s own it!
1. Deciding to add 4 extra things to your cart when you only need one to meet the free shipping minimum.
2. Having to unsubscribe to your favorite store emails to resist the temptation.
3. Justifying your shopping habits by saying that you’re not into worse addictions.
4. You freak out every time your paycheck gets direct deposited into your account.
5. When you’re having a bad day you immediately grab your laptop and start online shopping.
6. Crying a little every time you have to go for the knock off instead of the brand name.
7. But then you splurge when you feel like you need to treat yourself.
8. Sometimes you applaud yourself for going thrifty and bargaining and justify the fact that you spent 50 dollars more than usual.
9. You know when and where all your favorite stores sales are. Online or in-store, you’re ready.
10. The rush you get when you purchase a new item.
11. You track your shipment three times a day and then freak out when you know it’s here.
12. Getting packages in the mail that you forgot you ordered.
13. But feeling so happy that you ordered it anyway.
14. You feel so accomplished when you find an amazing deal. Like you just won the lotto or something.
15. You want that 15% that new shoppers get, so you make a new email account.
16. You spend way too much time looking for discount codes online.
17. You’re always ready to do holiday and gift shopping for friends. Sometimes you have it done in advance.
18. You realize that you have no self-control, but who cares. It’s not like we’re addicted to painkillers, this is safe!